Global Warming has been the catalyst for growing interest in living ‘sustainably’. Sustainability asks us to reflect on our lifestyles and take steps that will minimise our impact on the planet, so that there will be ‘enough for everybody, forever’.
St Johns Wood Sustainability is ‘acting locally’ to encourage and support:
- re-localizing our lives (business, leisure)
- ethical buying (including food)
- organic local food growing
- recycling and pooling resources
- biodiversity – animals and plants
- green energy technologies
- clean creeks, tree planting
- understanding global warming / Climate Change issues
- lobbying government and business
- sense of community
St Johns Wood Sustainability invites everybody to join us and be part of the solution.
small actions x lots of people = BIG change
that won’t cost the earth!
To receive updates/newsletters, email [email protected] or talk to a group member:
|Sandra Bayley||3366 2393|
|Anna and Sue Cooke||3366 2768|
|Jennie Elston||3366 5306|
|Patricia Funnell||3366 6767|
|Ian Thomson||3366 1633|
Comments or questions are welcome.