21 Jun 2009 - 09:30 to 00:56
West End, Queensland, Australia
Held at: Souths Leagues Club
BRISBANE TRANSITION HUB presents A WORKSHOP WITH MICHAEL SHUMAN
Michael Shuman is a noted economist, attorney, author, entrepreneur and Vice President of the Training & Development Corporation. He is widely recognised for his research into the economic advantages of small-scale businesses in an era of globalisation as well as the often over-looked benefits of building local economies.
Michael has authored, co-authored and edited seven books, including The Small Mart Revolution: How Local Businesses are Beating the Global Competition, and Going Local: Creating Self-Reliant Communities in the Global Age.
If you are interested in positive and viable ways to build stronger businesses and communities in the changing economic, environmental and global context, then this workshop is for you. Learn more about:
* The value of small business to sustainable economies
* The importance of local businesses
* Options for investment in local or green businesses and community projects
* Invigorating local economic vitality
* Ways to bring community development and new business creation together * Building local living economies
FEE: $50, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea included. Arrive at 9am for a 9.30am start.
BOOK BY: Wednesday, 17 June, 2009. An email will be sent to you to confirm your registration and payment details.
Bookings are closed for this event.